Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Healthy Turkey Burgers ~ page 131

These turkey burgers turned out great! All of our guests gave them rave reviews also. I know there is an aweful lot of lettuce on that burger, I was trying to get my veggies in for the day!

This picture is to show you how small I dice the red bell pepper...no one even knew they were getting a veggie in their burger!


I use my stand mixer so I don't have to get my hands all yucky!
Then I pat the meat out into a rectangle and score it before sending it to the freezer. Check to make sure your baking sheet or cutting board will fit in your freezer first! I have to put my baking sheets in my large deep freezer that we keep in the garage.





Here is my grillin' man cooking them up!
And here is what the end result is once there is some cheese melted on top...I know square burgers seem a little odd, but they stay nice and flat and don't turn into a thick round hockey pucks like most homemade burgers. I love how fast they cook too. If your man just demands a bit more meat on his burger, just make him a double decker!
Happy Grilling!
--Carissa





No comments: