Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Lasagna ~ page 159

This is a recipe I got from a friend a couple years ago, I love that it doesn't get all runny and messy when you cut it. I usually make it the day or morning ahead and let it sit in the fridge so the un-cooked noodles can soak up the juices. My friend says she just puts it right in the oven and maybe the noodles are a little chewier than mine, but she said she has never had any complaints. So I guess do it how you want.

Above is a picture of the sauce I use...I think it is perfect, not to sweet, not to seasoned, just good basic marinara sauce.
You probably don't need to see all the steps, but here they are anyway! :)
I do overlap noodles slightly...

I tried using mozzarella slices this time, it didn't have the "coverage" that shredded gives, but it was nice and tidy...so shredded cheese all over the counter when you are done. I doubled the recipe because I was making an extra to take to a big family reunion in a couple weeks. It freezes great un-cooked. This is a great kid-friendly meal! --Carissa

No comments: