Our Cookbook Blog

Our Cookbook ~ What We Cook, is a compilation of every recipe we (Janice and Carissa) cook - recipes from our cookbook collections, our recipe boxes, and our heads! We set up this blog for friends and family who have our cookbook to let them see pictures we post of the recipes in the book, and also for us to note any corrections, revisions, or additions to What We Cook. We encourage people who are cooking our recipes to let us know how the recipes turn out and any suggestions they might want to make.

In addition, we will be sharing some of our new recipes (along with pictures) that are not in our cookbook. We hope you will help us out and test recipes and give us your comments.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Baked Ricotta and Spinach Rigatoni ~ page 79

I followed Carissa's suggestion and put half of this in a dish for the freezer--then baked the other half for supper. This mixes up by making a sauce first, then dumping everything into a large bowl.
I just put my frozen loose leaf spinach in straight from the freezer--no need to thaw.
I spooned this up after baking, but actuality, you can cut it into loose squares if you want it neater looking.
This is a complete side dish with any simple meat, roast, or fish. Tonight I served this with our Citrus Grilled Pork Tenderloin--I had a few leftover slices in my freezer. The two made a nice meal together. David thinks this recipe needs more salt, and I think it would be fine to up the salt to 1/2 teaspoon instead of the 1/4 teaspoon the recipe calls for. Let us know what you think when you make it!

No comments: